Welcome

Hello welcome to my Art blog and thank you for stopping by. if you would like to see more of my finished works please go to: http://sites.google.com/site/bobstriksfineart/

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

assemblage swap

I entered a swap on swap bot that was an assemblage/shrine swap. An area I have not ever really explored in art. I was assigned a partner who I had to make a piece for based on her suggestions of what types of things she likes. The person I was assigned to likes gothic, death, coffins etc...



This piece took a while to come together in my mind but once I got rolling it went fairly quickly. The poem (which is in the lid) is actually a poem a had written some time ago. A bit on the dark side but fitting for this piece I thought. I slowly burned and smoked the paper to try and create the effect of paper pulled from the ashes, it is a bit hard to see in the picture but I think it turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment