Welcome

Hello welcome to my Art blog and thank you for stopping by. if you would like to see more of my finished works please go to: http://sites.google.com/site/bobstriksfineart/

Thursday, February 24, 2011

great quote

I was talking with a fellow artist last night about the difficulty of knowing  when an art piece is finished.  He quipped about how he used to watch Bob Ross (happy trees) amazing ability to work a canvas then inevitably over work it rendering the work boorish and common place. Our conversation rattled around in my brain as I was reading this morning and came across this wonderful statement By Herold Speed in his book the art and science of drawing "Finish in art has no connection with the amount of detail in a picture, but has reference only to the completeness with which the emotional idea the artist set out to express has been realised."

No comments:

Post a Comment