Welcome

Hello welcome to my Art blog and thank you for stopping by. if you would like to see more of my finished works please go to: http://sites.google.com/site/bobstriksfineart/

Friday, May 13, 2011

Buddha


This is a small mixed media piece I recently finished using recycled magazine pages. I thought the soft silhouette was most fitting for the subject matter. Being only 8x10 and fairly simple shapes as well as shading it went really fast. I was able to complete the whole piece in about 5 hours which is lightening fast for this type of piece. Some of the larger more complicated pieces can take 50 or more hours to complete.

1 comment:

  1. I'm learning a lot about Buddhism right now. I recently got a chance to see the Dalai Lama. This is a beautiful piece and I love that it's made from recycled material!

    ReplyDelete